Wednesday, May 27, 2015

formalization

Yesterday was fun, I showed my code to my mentor and there were some adjustments to be made. It was just small details that I didn`t catch. It wasn`t hard at all, in fact,  the way my program was set up a few new methods and functions finished it.  
 The only problem that I had was when I was trying to print out the final product... some back ground, as my program runs every generation is stored... The final product was a log file that contained all the information of all the generations in all the iterations and evaluations. My problem was that I wasn't getting the correct output. Instead of seven columns of data going down the screen, I would get 10 rows of data going across the screen. I didn`t know what was going on. After about half an hour of changing and checking... the checking part took the longest. I learned that one of the string I was using to hold all the data wasn't being set to "", so I added a whole seven characters, 1 whole line of code, and everything work perfectly. (& . &) . I still have to run my program on a cloud ide and Im having a bit of trouble, but I`ll work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment