Monday, May 25, 2015

evaluations

Over the weekend I finished up the Genetic Algorithm implementation, and fine tuned it. On the first runs I was getting really low output, so I tweaked the population generator. At the time I thought it was cheating, but my reasoning was: if I need to build a bridge and I start out with random materials, I know that clouds will not be good, and I know that keeping bricks together with gum will be no good either. Turns out this is called seeding the population, and its a task for this week. ( ^ . ^)  I change the method to now spit out random numbers between plus and minus 20 for now.
I made a new class that would automatically run a simulation of N parameters, X amount of time and would present the outcome in Excel friendly format, so all I have to do is copy the file content into a excel doc and output a graph. I ran the program for 20 simulations with 15 generations and I got some cool results. After the about three generations every generation after that just hovers around some number. I think its interesting that all the simulations showed this effect. I only did 20 simulations of 15 generations of 15 individuals  because I wanted to get all the bugs out of the code and my computer is.. lets just say it is not top of the line, its good, just not intel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment