Tuesday, July 21, 2015

telecommunication

I've been slacking, so this post will be half friday, the weekend and monday. 
Friday---------------------
I was able to make my program speak to me... 
Whenever the program has more then 10% defaults... like 0.0 or .1928 etc... my program will send me this txt... it can also send emails...
there's still some problems but those are being fixed, for example the user need to input the phone number in a form of an email, and the system cant send the email until it is finished running, but i have some ideas of how to go around that.
Weekend--------------------------------
During the weekend I finished the run with a mutation rate of .15. I dont think i mentioned this.
backtrack ----
there was a problem with the Utah run so the internet run was moved to a closer network that had the same topology of Utah. I ran a set of simulation but in .15 mutation. Then there was the problem of I didn't have a .15 mutation run from joey to joey or a .1 mutation run from joey to "Utah", so that is what was being done.
----
So that was the weekend. just getting runs done and stuff. One point that I am happy about is that with the net catching all the defaults in place I dont have to go over the log files to make sure the run didn't collapse.... less work .. Laziness Prevails.
Monday---------------------
on Monday I  had to finish one last little set of runs and bring the data together. There was an interesting trend. ...Looky
mutation rate 1 joey to joey


mutation rate .1 joey to "Utah"

mutation rate .15 joey to joey
mutation rate .15 joey to "Utah"
both of these charts show that when using the internet as a medium the simulation have a higher amount of good individuals.  One of the papers I read written by Zach McNellis and Dr. Remy suggested that not enough noise and the performance was poor, but enough noise and the performance was good. Like the Goldilocks zone... kinda anyway... Over the internet there is noise, point blank so the program works with that. from joey to joey, if someone runs something then the program freaks out and performance drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment