Friday, June 5, 2015

assimilation

yesterday wasn't so grand, just some house keeping. The simulation ran and the data was collected just fine. As of now Im trying to learn python so that a script will make a chart of the data instead of using excel. As I was reading up on python I ran some other simulations, I used 2 sets of computers and I think I found a bug of sorts. One of the ball and plate stopped running, so I look ate the computer that was handling the evaluations and found that that computer stopped as well. The problem wasn't with the two so I can assume that it is a problem with the actual code. I think that I know where it is. Like I said...or it think i said it... the when the program is evaluating a generation different threads go and do the computations, then report to one method that reports when all the threads have returned, if one thread is stuck then the whole thing waits. But I don't see how this would happen because the Thread is has a time limit, and if it is met then the thread returns a default value. unless I commented it out hunting down another bug. I`ll check but It seems that is not it. Other then that there is not many while loops in the system, most are for so there would be no reason for a looping system.
I don't know if this is an actual problem, I tried it with the first set and didn't have this problem, It only happened when I tried to run both simulation at the same time. I made sure that there wasn't any overlap in machines so I don't know what could have caused the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment