Tuesday, June 9, 2015

deviation

I don`t quite know the exact reason why, but for some reason my program stops running after a while. I know where the problem lies, but it is more of an effect then the reason. So my program sends out threads to have a individual evaluated using different ports. Then when the threads return...all of them... then the program continues. The problem is that when a call is sent to evaluate a individual the call is sent to another program...called lets say eval.... Eval then call another program... lets say called show..., show then returns and eval returns with a number. My problem is that if a snag appears on eval to show, or show to eval, my program just sits idle. I added a connection time out but didn't realize that this did not count for actual time for the connection. I added a readTimeout and Im going to see if this works.
I am also making a class that will be able to work with the bits of data that a unfinished run leaves. As the run goes on each generation is saved along with its fitness. All I need to do is make a class that with the base name given, reads the left over file and continues where that calculation left off. Im running into a snag thou... well not a snag more of a moral memory decision . The file could potentially be very large and it would do to read the file over and over for each need. I don`t know of another easy way that I could read the file so that I know which generation was the last, with out altering the file in questions syntax, without reading the file once, then again to get the values of the last done generation, and then once more to adequately read all the fitness, sort them into the appropriate generation and also find the max and average of each generation. At least not all in one single method or function. But im working on it, as of now im just going to try to run an evaluation just to see if the readTimeout worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment